A tale of 3 failures and how small distractions can generate huge frustrations.
As always it is a great fun to assemble these soldering kits and small electronics, more and more I learn about hardware and electronic details as well as I improve my weld skill, quality, and performance.
Before I start to assemble the new kits and have fun I’ll go over the old kits I’ve assembled, confirm they are working and also disassemble some older broken items.
4 days have passed since I returned home and the impression I have is that all I did was give support and maintenance and repair the software of others …
Apparently I reduced my AWS cost from $ 3.25 a day to $ 0.75, if it’s the real new price I might consider this a successful mission. Anyways, DFX.lv is back online and ready to be launch.
We’ll see in a few hours or everything will be working smoothly or everything will be lost and the site will start from scratch with a new database.
I created Blank12 to try to generate and imitate these various UIs / UXs while following the lessons learned in past projects of maintaining the minimum package size parity such as HTML5 and hosting in ASW S3.
It will probably still be a few more days working on this project but in the meantime it follows a screenshot of the evolution of the main screen.
The UMG Documents have a lot of small samples and how-to, so I gather they all and tried in to a single pack.
During this video of Unreal Engine 4 for GameJams (video below) one of several interesting points is the suggestion of using a version control server to manage the files and updates between the various team members.
Blank11 uses terrain, 5x layered texture material and ocean blueprint.
Blank10 project in Unreal Engine compiled for HTML5 and changed to achieve the smallest possible distribution size, minimum files needed for publishing, ability to use Amazon AWS S3 as webhost of files.
Since I was working on these things, I was able to create and make Discord, Gitter and OpenCollective channels available.
From “Ready for Beta” I went back to “Pre-Alpha, format everything and start over”, by experience / luck / care I have maintained a versioning of the site in my local developer environment,
To solve the problem, I edited the WP_ADMIN / POST.PHP and POST_NEW.PHP files including this style sheet code (CSS) at the end of the files:
This brings me back memories, FatorX was a site of programming tutorials, 3D modeling, web, forum for communities of developers to exchange information, created in Sep / 1999 in Brazil joined the interests and experiences of 5 young friends.
Now is time to make a good full backup of the current state, from tomorrow 10 / January / 2019 begins the beta phase.
This technology fair is my number 1 desire for fairs / events that one day I will visit…
Sometimes it seems like a lot of developer time is lost correcting flaws in other people’s programs …
Now I’ve got this custom RSS Feed connected here, so if I read anything interesting, I give the article a like and it will be shared directly here. I still have plenty of fixes and improvements, to do but for now it’s good to know it’s working.