A years worth of tinkering, combined with the July 2020 permanently free Modular Character by ROCKETARTS has produced this 3.5hrs worth of tutorial – Creating a Modular Character Component in UE4.
The Modular Mesh Component:
– is 100% BP, so can be migrated to another project.
– Stores the current mesh data for each modular part of the character.
– Provides Helper functions for randomization.
– Uses weighting to reduce/remove unwanted variations
-Stores all the variations (meshes, materials) in an ordered fashion
– Can be added to other actors, such as item pickups.
– Compartmentalized design means it should be easier to integrate into projects
Additionally I’ve uploaded the project files on itch.io (free download)
As seems to be a common sentiment, I’ve felt I owed this community something for the free education, so this is my first step towards balancing that scale. Enjoy and stay safe
Source : https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/community-content-tools-and-tutorials/1787606-modular-character-component-tutorial-and-project-files