Sony Santa Monica continues to pick up praise and hardware for their hit 2018 release God of War. The action-adventure tour de force scooped up yet another Best Game award from the BAFTAs this afternoon in Central London.
God of War actually swept most of the British award show. The game scored wins in the aforementioned Best Game along with Music, Narrative, and Audio Achievement categories. Jeremy Davies, the voice of Baldur, also picked up the award for Best Performer.
The results aren’t completely surprising. God of War deserves the praise and has, as mentioned, been very successful in many Game of the Year deliberations. However, it is a bit strange to see a complete lack of Red Dead Redemption II on the list, especially given Rockstar Games’ deep British roots. RDR2 picked up six nominations but walked away empty-handed.
The only other games to pick up more than one win were The Return of the Obra Dinn and Nintendo Labo. Obra Dinn won Game Design and Artistic Achievement. Labo scored victories in Game Innovation and Family.
Below you can find the full list of BAFTA winners:
- Original Property: Into the Breach
- Music: God of War
- Game Design: The Return of the Obra Dinn
- Evolving Game: Fortnite
- Narrative: God of War
- Debut Game: Yoku’s Island Express
- Mobile: Florence
- Family: Nintendo Labo
- Artistic Achievement: Return of the Obra Dinn
- Multiplayer: A Way Out
- Audio Achievement: God of War
- Game Innovation: Nintendo Labo
- Performer: Jeremy Davies, God of War
- Best British Game: Forza Horizon 4
- Game Beyond Entertainment: My Child Lebensborn
- Best Game: God of War